Senior Mobile Engineer - React Native - Full time
Fruitz is looking for a Senior Mobile Engineer to participate to the ongoing development of our iOS and Android applications.
You will work in a small but very experienced engineering and product team (10-12 people) and everything you do will be used by millions of users on a daily basis. Fruitz is now part of the Bumble family since February 2022. This will give you direct access to more than 500 experts in all the domains you can dream of in order to improve your skillset and deliver the best possible results.
As a Senior Mobile Engineer, you will have the following tasks:
- Participate in the development of our iOS and Android mobile applications (in React Native).
- Improve and automate our processes (ex: builds, GitHub CI, CD, tests, scripts).
- Lead technical and product decisions when required.
- Ensure exemplarity in code quality through thorough technical reviews (pull requests).
- Collaborate on work organisation with the rest of the Product and Engineering teams (tasks management, priority reviews, experimental features, choosing new tools).
- Write technical documentation (design documents and technical proposals, change logs).
- Help grow the team by participating in and improving the hiring process and conducting interviews.
- Have a direct impact on the product and for our users.
- React Native.
- TypeScript (100% coverage).
- Firebase (Authentication, Notifications).
- Tools: MixPanel, Bitrise, Sentry, Waldo.
- Each team member has autonomy in how they want to organize their work and day-to-day.
- We only have two weekly meetings of 30 minutes (team-wide) and 15 minutes (company-wide) respectively. They can be followed asynchronously.
- We usually do 1 or 2 releases per week.
- We have workshops and discussions with the design team to imagine new features or fix existing ones.
- We try to follow and fix impacting bugs as fast as we can.
- 5+ years of professional experience (with a minimum of 2 years on React Native), or a portfolio of your projects.
- Ideally one experience as a lead engineer or technical management responsibilities.
- Product-minded and at least one experience in a product-centric company.
- Proficient with React and React Native, and their internal APIs and lifecycle :
- Context API (required)
- Hooks (required)
- Animations (required)
- Suspense (would be great)
- Knowledge of edge-cases such as stale-closures or race-conditions.
- Proficient with TypeScript.
- Good knowledge of administrating the Play store and App store.
- Good knowledge of testing a React Native application (ex: unit tests, snapshots, e2e).
- Good knowledge of Continuous Integration (ex: GitHub Actions or GitLab CI).
- Good knowledge scripting (ex: builds scripts, tests, lint).
- Great English proficiency (communication channels are in English and the team is bi-lingual).
When possible, we like to move fast and the steps below can be achieved in a matter of days or a few weeks depending on your availabilities.
- 1.Discovery & Technical screen (1 hour) : if your profile catches our attention we will setup a call to discuss about the role, your experiences, your expectations, as well as some technical questions.
- 2.Take-home exercise (4 hours) : this take-home exercise is to be conducted at home when it's the best for you. It's a great way to demonstrate your technical abilities but more importantly, to show how your time and objectives. Once completed, one of our engineers will conduct a thorough pull request review.
- 3.Pair-programming exercise (1 hour) : following the take-home exercise, this pair-programming session will give the opportunity for you to show us how you like to work and how you can improve the project from the take-home exercise.
- 4.Culture fit (30 minutes x 2) : this final step is the best time to get to know a bit better whom you might be working with at Fruitz. You will have the opportunity to meet other team members (founders, marketing, design), to ask questions about their day-to-day, their experiences at Fruitz, or even their hobbies.
We usually will give you an answer on that last step within 1 business day.
- Type : full-time contract (CDI).
- Starting date : as soon as possible.
- Compensation : 65k+ depending on seniority.
- Remote work : 100% remote available (timezone +-3h from Paris).
- Coworking/Offices : Fruitz offices are located in the center of Paris. Otherwise we can help you go coworking by taking care of the fees.
- Devices : The best in class laptop as well as everything you need to work comfortably.
- Current situation
- And any other link that would help us get to know you better: