Comment on page
Senior Backend Engineer - Golang - Full time
Fruitz is looking for a passionate and talented Senior Backend Engineer to participate to the ongoing development of our APIs and backend platform/services. You will work in a small but very experienced engineering and product team (10-12 people) and everything you do will be used by millions of users on a daily basis. Fruitz is now part of the Bumble family since February 2022. This will give you direct access to more than 500 experts in all the domains you can dream of in order to improve your skillset and deliver the best possible results.
- Participate in the development of backend services (in Golang) as well as in their deployment onto Google Cloud
- Improve and automate processes such as builds, CI/CD and tests
- Ensure exemplarity in code quality through thorough technical reviews (pull requests)
- Collaborate on work organisation with the rest of the Product and Engineering teams (task management, priority reviews, experimental features)
- Write technical documentation (design documents and technical proposals, changelogs)
- Help with recruiting more awesome engineers by interviewing candidates and improving existing processes (new exercises, scorecard changes)
- Excellent knowledge of the Go language and running it under Docker
- Strong experience using cloud platforms like Google Cloud or AWS and some of their famous products such as PubSub/SQS, AppEngine/Elastic Beanstalk and DataStore/DynamoDB.
- Skills in databases and their pros/cons such as ElasticSearch, Redis or PostgreSQL
- Experience in data pipelines and machine learning is a bonus
- Fully proficient in code quality assurance through tools like Git, Pull Requests and Unit Tests
- Experience improving or setting up continuous integration and/or deployment
- 5+ years of professional experience with at least 2 years of working with Go professionally.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Love to write clean, reusable code and have a passion for development inside and outside of the office
- Solid communication skills (in English) and team-working capability
- Positive and logical approach together with willingness to learn
- Attention to detail and a passion for quality
We like to move as fast as possible and all of the steps below can be accomplished in a matter of a couple of days depending on your availability.
- 1.Discovery & Technical screen (45-60 minutes) : if we like your profile we will setup a phone call to discuss about the role, your experience but also your expectations as well as some technical questions.
- 2.Take-home exercise (3-4 hours) : this is an exercise you can do at home that will take a few hours at any point you're comfortable doing. This is your best shot at showing us how you like to work technically but also how you collaborate as we will ask you to submit us a pull request to our engineering team.
- 3.On-site interview (4 hours) : this immediately follows the take-home challenge and will normally happen in our office but can easily be adapted to remote situations. In this last step, you will work in pair with one of our engineers in order to show us your pair-coding skills as well as your capacity to integrate our team.
We usually will give you an answer on that last step within the next 24 hours.
- Type : full-time contract (CDI).
- Starting date : as soon as possible.
- Compensation : 80k+ depending on seniority.