Mobile Engineer - React Native - CDI
Fruitz is looking for a Mobile Engineer to participate to the ongoing development of our iOS and Android applications.
You will work in a small but very experienced engineering and product team (5-10 people) and everything you do will be used by millions of users on a daily basis.
Fruitz is part of the Bumble family since January 2022. This will give you a direct access to more than 400 experts in all the technical domains you can dream of in order to improve your skillset and deliver the best possible results.
As a Mobile Engineer, you will have the following tasks:
- Participate in the development of our iOS and Android mobile applications (in React Native).
- Improve and automate our processes (ex: builds, GitHub CI, CD, tests, scripts).
- Participate to the code quality through thorough technical reviews (pull requests).
- Collaborate on work organisation with the rest of the Product and Engineering teams (tasks management, priority reviews, experimental features, choosing new tools).
- Write technical documentation (design documents and technical proposals, change logs).
- Have a direct impact on the product and for our users.
- React Native (latest).
- TypeScript (100% coverage).
- Firebase (Authentication, Notifications).
- Tools: MixPanel, BitRise, Sentry.
- Each team member has autonomy in how they want to organize their work and day-to-day.
- We only have two weekly meetings of 30 minutes (team-wide) and 15 minutes (company-wide) respectively. They can be followed asynchronously.
- We usually do 1 or 2 releases per week.
- We have workshops and discussions with the design team to imagine new features or fix existing ones.
- We try to follow and fix impacting bugs as fast as we can.
- 2+ years of professional experience with either: 1 year on React Native, or 2 years on React, or a portfolio of your projects that we could take a look at.
- Experienced with React and React Native, and their internal APIs and lifecycle :
- Context API (required)
- Hooks (required)
- Animations (required)
- Experienced with TypeScript.
- Knowledge with Continuous Integration (ex: GitHub Actions or GitLab CI).
- Knowledge with scripting (ex: builds scripts, tests, lint).
- Great English proficiency (communication channels are in English and the team is bi-lingual).
When possible, we like to move fast and the steps below can be achieved in a matter of days or a few weeks depending on your availabilities.
- 1.Discovery & Technical screen (1 hour) : if your profile catches our attention we will setup a call to discuss about the role, your experiences, your expectations, as well as some technical questions.
- 2.Take-home exercise (4 hours) : this take-home exercise is to be conducted at home when it's the best for you. It's a great way to demonstrate your technical abilities but more importantly, to show how your time and objectives. Once completed, one of our engineers will conduct a thorough pull request review.
- 3.Pair-programming exercise (1 hour) : following the take-home exercise, this pair-programming session will give the opportunity for you to show us how you like to work and how you can improve the project from the take-home exercise.
- 4.Culture fit (30 minutes x 2) : this final step is the best time to get to know a bit better whom you might be working with at Fruitz. You will have the opportunity to meet other team members (founders, marketing, design), to ask questions about their day-to-day, their experiences at Fruitz, or even their hobbies.
We usually will give you an answer on that last step within 1 business day.
- Type : full-time contract (CDI).
- Starting date : as soon as possible.
- Compensation : 40k+ depending on seniority.
- Remote work : 100% remote available (timezone +-3h from Paris).
- Coworking/Offices : Fruitz offices are located in the center of Paris. Otherwise we can help you go coworking by taking care of the fees.
- Devices : The best in class laptop as well as everything you need to work comfortably.
- Current situation
- And any other link that would help us get to know you better: